iTunes library-list is invisible :(

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got a macbook from the year 2005-2006, and I still had Tiger on it, until I upgraded it 4 days ago with the 29USD Snow Leopard software... I first installed it to get time machine, so I could save everything, and then I did a clean installation...

So, after I put everything back on, I opened my iTunes. My music (I hope all) is still on and works, I simply open iTunes and press "Enter" to listen the shuffle, but as you see, I cannot see the list... here is the result:

Screenshot2010-10-03at214549.png

and here, when I move something:

Screenshot2010-10-06at164620.png

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
The first thing that comes to mind is that your copy of iTunes is screwed up. Hence the window and song list rendering problem.
Go to the applications folder, delete iTunes and reinstall it from the apple website.

OP
O
Reaction score
I already did this... tried it with iTunes 9 also... uninstalled and installed... did not work :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
From your screenshots I noticed that the total song count and GB is missing in your window. It is usually display in the bottom bar in the middle.

Lets see if it could be a corrupted library file.
Quit iTunes and move the iTunes Library file (/Users/username/Music/iTunes/) to the Desktop. Then reopen iTunes and import some songs to see if they will display.
All your music isn't stored in the iTunes library file, it's stored in the "iTunes Music" folder so if your don't delete or move that folder you won't loose your music.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thank you for your help, unfortunately it still not works...

It seems, that what ever I do, the "list-window" keeps being frozen...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now try moving the iTunes plists the desktop so that iTunes makes new ones.

(~ Is your user folder)
Quit iTunes.
Go to ~/Library/Preferences/ and look for,
com.apple.iTunes.eq.plist
com.apple.iTunes.plist
com.apple.iTunesHelper.plist

Move them to the desktop and reopen iTunes, if it didn't solve the problem you can move the files on the desktop back.

Also check software update for any updates that might fix the problem.

Then only other thing I can think of is to install a Combo Update for your system version.
Apple - Support - Downloads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
no no no… lol

All you have to do is do a software update… And all will be well.

Click the  in the upper left, then "Software update…".. then restart.. :D

enjoy! and welcome to Mac-Forums

OP
O
Reaction score
Thank you so much!! It was the Software Update I needed to do!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.