first time user

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2019, 2.4GHz i9, 64Gb Ram, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8Gb, 2Tb SSD
Hello all
This is my first experience with an apple product and im doing the switch from windows xp to mac. I think ill be able to deal with that ok. But one issue im not sure about is how can i remap the US keyboard so that the dollar symbol is a pound symbol instead
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You don't tell us which Mac you're using but assuming it is something fairly current (last 5 yrs) if you go into System Preferences (Mac version of Control Panel) select Language & Text. If you ONLY want to change that one symbol and not have it formatted for British measurements, etc. then you can choose the Text tab and create a substitution. So each time you type $ (shift+4), it will substitute £ (option+3).

To completely format your Mac to British measurements (metric) etc. go to the other tabs in Language & Text and make changes to suit your needs.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2019, 2.4GHz i9, 64Gb Ram, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8Gb, 2Tb SSD
specs should be up

i think that got the specs up, ill try that advice now, in additon to that whats the quickest way of viewing any threads i have started

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
i think that got the specs up, ill try that advice now, in additon to that whats the quickest way of viewing any threads i have started

Thanks for putting up your specs. That will help a lot in the future. :)

If you click on Search at the top of the Forums page and select Advanced Search, you can search by member name.

Another way is if you click on your user name inside a thread like this one and select "Find More Posts by Peugeot".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.