Help!!2008 macbook stops reformatting automatically.

Reaction score
I have a 2008 MacBook it was running slow so I restarted it and come to find out the it won't startback up I then try the disk that came with it says that failed when trying to reinstall all 3 ways so I try to go to the first aid and repair and that says volume untitled is okay. I also try doing a hardware test and it said everything was fine.. this my first mac and don'know what else to do I have no way to get to apple and its out of factory warranty anyways..any suggestions??? Oh yeah also at one point it finally ejected my cd after I plugged in with no battery because of a dim
magsafe light and it had a folder with question mark come up..now cd will not eject once battery is charging again...what should I do? Other than talk to apple

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Sorry...but you really need to organize your thoughts a bit better...and explain a little more "step-wise" what is working...and what you've tried. You've mentioned about 8-10 different things...and some items seem to contradict each other.

I'd like to help...your post has got me confused.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I got confused too!
Even though amongst all that I hear in there that first aid and repair, etc says your HD is ok, I think it's dead!
The rest of that post is still confusing, so as above, .... please breathe and try again.

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry I just feel like I have tried everything short of hooking up an external drive which I am don't have the opportunity to. I try to do an archive and install that failed then erase and install that failed anything else I can do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.