Torrents Will Not Load

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.42 mhz processor 1 gb ram, G4 Processor, 60 GB hard drive running tiger, iPod Nano G5, iPod 2&5 G
Hey Guys !!
I have an iBook G4 with a 1.42 ghz processor and 1 gigabyte of ram...
I successfully connect to any website daily on my mac running tiger.
when i try downloading a torrent it gives me an error saying it cannot find host... 404 error... I have tried many many many different torrents and torrent programs... and the torrents work fine on my pc ... Any advice ? :\

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Ports closed on your router? Some Torrent clients in the preferences have a place where you can test the port. If it fails that test, the port needs to be opened in the router.

All I can think of at this point. Check and let us know what you find.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.42 mhz processor 1 gb ram, G4 Processor, 60 GB hard drive running tiger, iPod Nano G5, iPod 2&5 G
Thanks, May i ask you to guide me through those steps... i'm not familliar with "preferences"

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What clients have you tried? Some I know, others I do not.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tomato torrent, frostwire, limewire... bit torrent or utorrent wont even download correctly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.