Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Pro 2.26, 4GB Ram, 160GB HD, WD 2TB, 24" ACD. iPad 64GB 3G. iPhone 4 32GB Unlocked.
Anyone have any experience with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro for Mac?

I use versions 7, 8, and 9 on Windows daily at work, (3 separate machines, each one has a different version installed :\ )

I was wondering, Has anyone had used Acrobat 9 for Mac and any of the windows versions?

If so, any differences? I'm mostly used to version 8 on Windows and would love to transition to the Mac version.

I have two posibilities, 1. if I buy a Scansnap S1500M, it comes with version 8or, I can order the full version of 9 for $213.00 from softwaremedia.com

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks,
Shawn

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro for Mac?

I use versions 7, 8, and 9 on Windows daily at work, (3 separate machines, each one has a different version installed :\ )

I was wondering, Has anyone had used Acrobat 9 for Mac and any of the windows versions?

If so, any differences? I'm mostly used to version 8 on Windows and would love to transition to the Mac version.

I have two posibilities, 1. if I buy a Scansnap S1500M, it comes with version 8or, I can order the full version of 9 for $213.00 from softwaremedia.com

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks,
Shawn

Version 9 will be the best. it is similar on Mac and Windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
I use Acrobat Pro 9 on Mac. No problems that I have noticed, although there are a couple of Windows features missing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", Intel i7, ssd, 4gb ram
I recently purchased Acrobat Pro 9 and I find it works great. The OCR feature is the best I have found.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
One issue I have found on Mac with Snow Leopard - Acrobat Pro shows up as a printer but you can't use it as there is a security "thingy" in SL that interferes with it. If you print there is a menu in the Print Dialog at the bottom that says print to PDF - from there you can select Adobe PDF if you have Acrobat Pro installed. I think this is a problem for some people as they have scripts that call the printer, at least one guy on the forums mentioned that he needed Acrobat as a printer and that the menu wouldn't work for him.

Otherwise it is pretty similar to the Windows version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.