Looking for Good Bluetooth Mouse

D

dross333

Hi, Anyone have any recommendations on a Bluetooth mouse for the PowerBook. I was looking at Apples, but it is only one button.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hey I hadn't seen that one yet, thanks for pointing it out!

I'd personally stay away from the DVForge mouse... also on the lookout for a decent one.

The logitech is pretty cool, but lacks an on/off switch an is expensive.
The buttons also seem a bit cramped IMO.

Reaction score
dross333 said:
Hi, Anyone have any recommendations on a Bluetooth mouse for the PowerBook. I was looking at Apples, but it is only one button.

Thanks

I haven't had any good experiences with blue tooth mouse... Getting the mouse and pooter to talk to each other every single time was a chore...then there's the jumpy mouse. (I broke down and got the wired mouse...the clear case actually looks better to me)

OP
M

meanopause

I've tried a few mobile sized mice (macally bt mouse jr, and the kensington bt pilot mouse jr.) and they are too jumpy, especially when you have to have some sort of precision. When all else failed, I went to the apple bt mouse and found that it was flawless. Obviously, it has only 1 button, but you'll get over it. What's good about it is that osx recognizes the battery power left in it, and it has a slick on/off switch.

OP
D

dross333

After reading here and other searching around, I'm going to pick up a Apple BT Keyboard and Mouse today. I will deal with the 1 button..oh well.

Thanks for the replies.
-D

OP
D

Dylan

Logitech MX900 works great for me. There's no way I'm using a single button mouse. And it's nice to have the extra buttons (forward/back) which I map to keyboard commands with ControllerMate.

It lacks the elegance of an Apple product but it's still a decent aesthetic match for the PB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
My one complaint about the apple bt mouse (I don't mind 1 button) is just battery life. I have been looking all over for a recharable bt mouse and have not found anything worth upgrading to from the apple bt mouse. Logitech makes excellent mice and their new laser mouse is very accurate but almost everything uses a USB receiver

The MX900 is very nice but I don't need a whole Bluetooth Hub, I have bluetooth already I the mouse and a charging dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dylan said:
You don't have to use the hub for BT. I use the hub only for charging.

Yea I know but its still just something extra to add to the cost that I don't need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Rob said:
This is not bluetooth, but its a great mouse, and I use it all the time. :)

*Holds up silver cross.... AH! Microsoft! Run away!

I really would like the Apple BT mouse... And I don't mind one button. But not having a scroll is what drives me nuts.

OP
R

Rob

I know, I HATE Microsoft, BUT its still a nice mouse.(And also I don't think Microsoft even makes it ;) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It says lifelong battery but it uses AA so I am guessing you just have to replace the batterys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I found the Macally BT Mouse Junior to be excellent, so long as you have the sensitivity just right; sometimes, when you start it up, it's more sensitive than others, which is why it can be jumpy. When you get it set properly, though, it's a WONDERFUL mouse. It's very small, the scroll function works excellently, and its sensor is very well done. It's mac-style, as well, so it goes beautifully with any iBook or iMac. That being said, I've recently purchased a Mighty Mouse, and don't worry about the cordedness. It simply doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. The only thing that could prompt me to switching away from it is perhaps its drain on my iBook's battery life in class, which is considerable (I generally get 5 hours with the mouse, 5 and a half without it, running only Microsoft Word and occasionally Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
hi

been using apple BT bar of soap seemlessly for just over 5 months don't need any other.

regards

:)

OP
D

djeddiebear

I like the Radtech BT510 Mid-Sized Mouse. Has a nice case with extra battery room, and a back-up usb cable in case the battery drains out. It comes in white and piano black.

More info can be found at their website here.

Eddie.

OP
A

awu_gigabyte

IMO the bt mx900 is a great mouse. The battery life is horrible and there is no off button, but i love logitech. The laser is precise, not quite as much as the non bluetooth one, but i use mine daily for work. The bluetooth has gotten a whole lot better in tiger too than it was in panther. My recommendation, buy the mx900 but keep some spare batteries.

I should also say that the logitech is the best at waking up once its asleep, the m$ mouse, you have to click the thing to wake it up, and this isn't a dead click, it actually clicks on the screen, hope you don't have your mouse on something important when it falls asleep :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah - it's the DVForge product that people have not been so impressed by...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.