New Macbook pro 13 2010 battery

Reaction score
i have got the new macbook pro 13 and had it for about a week. istatpro says my battery capacity is 93% and its only been a week :(. battery seems to last nowhere near 10 hours!! i will calibrate my battery, charge fully and keep it charging for 2 hours then leave it drain intill it sleeps and leave it sleep for 5 hours before re-charging and using??

Has anyone else had a similar problem with their battery life?

it is a great laptop tho! i love it. very fast.

thanks

scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Fall 2009 MacBookPro5,2 Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM
Give Apple Care a call.

I just had an incident in which I called Apple Care and told them my symptoms, for which I was thinking of re-installing Snow Leopard. A well spoken American suggested the symptoms all seemed related to power.

He told me how to re-set power management. A procedure I do not see described in the Apple links others have suggested. Guessing Apple has some good reason not to describe the procedure, maybe I should not describe it. Then I had to do the calibration procedure over.

Not sure if that will solve my problem, or yours. Seems to be true that Apple Care has potential solutions which they do not describe in the support section of their website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Fall 2009 MacBookPro5,2 Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM
Good correction on my lack of knowledge, 6string

6string; I see you knew the correct reference that SMC refers to resetting power management, which I did not know. I was also mindful that my model notebook might have a different way to set Power Management that some one else's 13 inch, and wanted to avoid repeating what little I knew and maybe mess up someone else's computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.