Post Sticky Notes to Desktop only??

Reaction score
Is there an app or something where I can post sticky notes to the desktop and have it JUST on the desktop, like on Windows? I don't use the dashboard often so I hate going into that to use a sticky note.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
I use Stickies which is built into OSX and runs in the Dock but I dont know of one that is like, glued to the desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
The only thing I could think of was export your sticky after you make one (File - Export Text...) and send it to the desktop. By default, it will save it as a plain text file (.txt) that opens with Text Edit. You can also select RTF or RTFD file types. Also opens with Text Edit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
'Stickies' stick do the desktop. Have Stickies open at login and they will always be there.

OP
N
Reaction score
but stickies float with expose don't they? I really cant believe there isnt a mac equivalent of this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
but stickies float with expose don't they? I really cant believe there isnt a mac equivalent of this.

Not the application Version of Stickies, Look in your Applications folder for a programs called Stickies. These stick to your desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I don't use the dashboard often so I hate going into that to use a sticky note.
You have a Stickies widget? Didn't know that existed.

Not the application Version of Stickies, Look in your Applications folder for a programs called Stickies. These stick to your desktop.
Exactly. That's the only version I know, so this thread was baffling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I guess I don't fully understand. In Windows sticky notes show up in the taskbar. This is equivalent to having them show up in expose on the Mac. I guess you are saying if you use Start-Tab you don't see them - but I do see them in Alt-Tab.

Anyway - try this
Keeping Dashboard widgets on the desktop - Mac Guides
It is called putting the dashboard in devmode. I don't believe it will show up in Expose. I have completely shut off my dashboard so I haven't fully tested this.

I have also started keeping notes in journaling software. Just like in real life, sticky notes got too hard to manage. I am currently using MacJournal, but Circus Pony Notebook is also a pretty good app for note taking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.