installing xcode 4 on leopard 10.6.4

Reaction score
hi
I downloaded xcode 4 today and tried to install it on leopard 10.6.4 but when I double click on "Xcode and iOS SDK.mpkg" file in disk image, I get this error message: "Installer quit unexpectedly".

What is this problem for?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
hi
I downloaded xcode 4 today and tried to install it on leopard 10.6.4 but when I double click on "Xcode and iOS SDK.mpkg" file in disk image, I get this error message: "Installer quit unexpectedly".

What is this problem for?

Thanks in advance.

I agree. It may be the bad copy, but I'd like to say that if you have 10.6.4, then you don't have leopard, or if you have leopard you don't have 10.6.4

Secondly, if you have leopard, then you CANNOT install xcode 4, as it is supported by snow leopard and lion only...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I agree. It may be the bad copy, but I'd like to say that if you have 10.6.4, then you don't have leopard, or if you have leopard you don't have 10.6.4

Secondly, if you have leopard, then you CANNOT install xcode 4, as it is supported by snow leopard and lion only...

Also 4.0.x will install on 10.6.x boxes, but 4.1.x won't. Although it will implicitly tell you that Lion is required, so I don't think this is the same problem

I think the copy is bad. That is, if you're running 10.6

Reaction score

10.6.x is snow leopard. 10.5.x and less requires xcode 3.x and less.

Mac OS X Snow Leopard (version 10.6) is the seventh major release of Mac OS X, Apple's desktop and server operating system for Macintosh computers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.