Can you see the apple logo?

B

BrianH

I noticed today when i took my pb over to my gf's house that I could see the apple logo on the outside of my lid through my screen, when it is in front of the sunlight. Anyone else like this? I know its a thin screen, but is it supposed to be that thin?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
all powerbooks have that same issue, its suppoes to be like that, there is no problem with your screen. It doesn' really have to do with the thiness of the screen but the material the apple logo is made out of. I normally just adjust my self so that I can not see the apple logo through the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
All LCD screens are that thin. The reason the Apple logo glows, is because of the LCD's backlight. It is more or less a clear window (the logo, that is) so depending on your angle of the screen, sunlight could shine in from the back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
LCDs are very thin, and also transparent. Apple simply made a hole behind the LCD that's shaped like their logo, and the LCD's backlight makes it glow. This way no additional lightsource is needed, which would drain the battery power a bit more....unfortunately, that transparency can be a bit disturbing when some very bright light (i.e. direct sunlight) shines through the logo.

That's the price you pay for having a shiny logo, without draining extra power for an additional light. :cool:

And it's the same also for all iBooks with glowing logo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I can't see my logo through my screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
i can see mine if i have something like a black screen but its nothing to worry about

OP
C

Cloudane

Yeah if the logo is pointing out into bright sunshine. If it bothers you, just blue-tak a piece of mirrored or black card over the logo to stop the sun shining into it.

OP
B

BrianH

it doesnt bother me as it only happens when i point my pb directly at light. no biggie. thanks guys, i have been having the dumbest moments the past few weeks...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.