Software Update

Reaction score
everytime i use the software update it closes and i get a message that say "The application software update quit unexpectedly after it was reopened." is there anything i can do to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
there is another person on this board with the exact same problem..... i dont know how to fix it.....but i do know its REALLY bad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
try to repair permissions and zap the pram then try to use software update again, if that still doesn't work, try to update your computer downloading direct from apple.com

OP
J
Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:
try to repair permissions and zap the pram then try to use software update again, if that still doesn't work, try to update your computer downloading direct from apple.com
what do you mean by repair permissions and zap the pram?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
repair permissions at Hard Drive>Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility Hit the repair permissions button on the bottom of the window.
Zap PRAM... hold down command(apple)+option+P+R when booting, wait for 3 start up chimes then let go of the buttons, the computer will proceded to boot normally and your ram will have been "zapped" or erased

R

Redbull

Jarritos said:
it still crashes

In your utilites, do you have the ''installer'' application?

If you do, download the 4.2 package which cures it.

If your installer is missing, you need to re-stall upgraded Tiger

Reaction score
Please continue help…

In your utilites, do you have the ''installer'' application?

If you do, download the 4.2 package which cures it.

If your installer is missing, you need to re-stall upgraded Tiger

I think I might have the same problem, could someone please point me to where I can down the 4.2 package? (I do have the "installer" application)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.