Help needed

Reaction score
Hi
I am looking for some-one willing to create an iphone app - is there anyone who make apps on request or do you know of some-one?
thanks in advance

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi
I am looking for some-one willing to create an iphone app - is there anyone who make apps on request or do you know of some-one?
thanks in advance

Of course you need help so does 99% of other folks who post here on Mac-forums. How about a more creative/descriptive/specific title for your question???

- Nick

OP
F
Reaction score
and what's your problem???? there is no need to be rude, I thought forums were a helpful friendly place - obviously go that wrong

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and what's your problem???? there is no need to be rude

You're actually the one being rude...since if you read the Mac-Forums thread regarding "Forum Courtesy":

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/news-community-announcements/17475-forum-courtesy.html

...you would see that non-descritive thread titles (like yours)...are not appreciated!!!:(

If everyone posting a thread used the Title "Help Needed"...as you did...how would anyone be able to tell the difference from one thread to another!

- Nick

p.s. Mac-Forums is a friendly & very helpful place. But that goes both ways. Your post was rude (inappropriate title)...so in a way...you introduced yourself in a rude manner!

OP
F
Reaction score
well the first forum I joined and if this is the attitude I get I won't be hanging around. I believe that this forum is probably helpful and friendly - it's just a shame I had to run into you on my first post, thanks for making this place so memorable (for all the wrong reasons).

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Mac Forums is a place to ask questions and get answers about using Apple products..there is a programming section here but that's not heavily used, but what M-F is not is a job solicitation place..there are places like iPhone App Developers | iPhone Developer | Application Development Companies that are for that..

Now Nick's response might not have come off the right way..but the gist of what he's saying is accurate..we get a LOT of posts on these forums and using descriptive titles helps others search for issues and resolutions that were suggested..If we only have posts with generic titles of "Help!" it doesn't help anyone..

Regards

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now Nick's response might not have come off the right way..but the gist of what he's saying is accurate..we get a LOT of posts on these forums and using descriptive titles helps others search for issues and resolutions that were suggested..If we only have posts with generic titles of "Help!" it doesn't help anyone..

Regards

Exactly where I was coming from & thinking!:) We get so many threads titled like this...when the Forum Courtesy rules specifically spell out situations like this are not appreciated.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well the first forum I joined and if this is the attitude I get I won't be hanging around. I believe that this forum is probably helpful and friendly - it's just a shame I had to run into you on my first post, thanks for making this place so memorable (for all the wrong reasons).

I would suggest hanging around a bit longer...and reading through the "Stickies" in each sub-forum so you get a better idea of how Mac-Forums works.

I might also add...that many questions on Mac-Forums go unanswered. Not necessarily because no one wants to...but either because:

- no-one knows the answer
- sometimes members skip questions with the title..."Help", "Help needed", "I have a question" (just like yours)
- and in this particular case...you want someone to write an iPhone app...which no one here may be interested in, or knows of anyone that's interested.

So in reality...your question may have gone unanswered & received no replies whatsoever! So I was actually being helpful...by replying & mentioning the rules about Forum Courtesy.;)

- Nick

OP
F
Reaction score
ok - perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. i might not have followed forum "protocol" with my post for which I apologise, but your reply was a little unnecessarily "to the point" shall we say. It's not something that a new person to forums needs :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok - perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. i might not have followed forum "protocol" with my post for which I apologise, but your reply was a little unnecessarily "to the point" shall we say. It's not something that a new person to forums needs :)

Yes I'm sure I could have worded things a bit better!:) Each day I try to help as many folks as possible...and so I may have been in a bit of a hurry when responding to your initial post...or because of the forum rules...I saw your generic "Help needed" title...and got a little "peeved".;)

If you hang around Mac-Forums long enough...you will start to see too many thread titles like this..."Help", "Help needed", "I have a question"...and then you will understand better.;)

Have a great day,:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.