• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Do you have any ideas for future Apple products?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Well...I would say "stupid" is a very strong word. If the light is red, there's a crosswalk, and a "walk" sign that says "walk"...then the pedestrian has the right of way. If these pedestrians are crossing the street in an unsafe manner...such as when the light is green on the street they are crossing...then they are probably not being very "smart"!;)
- Nick

You should come to Cleveland. You have people crossing the street with cars speeding by, and don't even care. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw someone crossing a freeway instead of using the bridge!

ahh...what was this thread about again??

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'd like to see Apple wireless modem/routers added to the airport express and extreme range, Apple TVs with airport (LCDs, LEDs, etc ..... not talking about Apple TV box) and stereo systems (mainly amplifiers) with airport.
This would make for a very simple wireless computer and home entertainment setup.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I'd like to see Apple release a wireless box and modem in one. If they did I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Having to have Wall->modem/router->Airport express->to my mac (wirelessly) is just annoying.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
A couple of things come to mind for me though I don't really think Apple will build either of them.

1. The TiVo killer. If the Apple TV had recording abilities similar to a Tivo I would have jumped at it from day one. That won't happen though because it does not fit with their current content delivery models.

2. I wonder how many more iPads they would sell if you did not also have to have a computer for the backup/syncing process. That wouldn't work for me, since I use computers daily and will have one around but others might like the idea.

3. Revamp the font options in Finder and iTunes. If you are running a larger monitor at higher resolutions the current setup can be a bit hard to read.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Hmm... A remake of the iMac G3 :D With an LCD screen, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz (Or something like that) Basically, only the outer shell would be the same, the innards are completely up to date, and ready to rock for the next 10 years. :) Although if apple doesn't do it... I'm pretty sure I'd be able to jam a Mac Mini in there somehow! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
I'll explain a little bit further (off topic).

I'm a marathon runner (as well as a Mac fanatic). I run lots & lots of miles every week. The safest place for a runner to run on the roads is on the left side (against traffic)...so you can see what a driver is doing...and if they are not paying attention...you can JUMP out of the way.

Since I (and other runners) run against traffic...you practically look EVERY driver right in the eyes...just to see what they are doing & are looking at...just in case. Obviously when doing this you see EXACTLY what the driver is doing...and this includes being on a phone or iPhone...and not paying full attention to driving!:(

Coincidentally...I've been running for 33 years. Last Monday (8 days ago) for the first time...I was hit by a car!!!:( No kidding...hit by a car!:( It was by a person making a right on red...I was just starting to run thru the intersection...and they hit me. What do folks do wrong when they make a right turn at a red light or Stop Sign???...they only look left & almost never look right. Add to this a driver on a phone...and it's that much worse. If a pedestrian is to the right...they never see them & hit them.

- Nick

OMG. Are you okay? Did they graze you or send you flying into a ditch at 50 MPH? (Okay I may be exaggerating) But still, It's a good thing you don't live up here, we have the road and the ditch, NO SIDEWALK. Period. Plus the drivers up here are maniacs when it comes to driving. I've lived in my house for 8 years. And we live at the bottom of a hill. Almost every year we have a major accident. (Last one came crashing through our fence and landed in our front yard.) O_O

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Forgot to mention I would like some way to pair a BT gizmo with more than one device without having to repeat the pairing process. I don't mean multiple simultaneous pairings just an easier way to switch things. For example use the Apple BT keyboard with my MacBook Pro then flip a switch and use it with another Mac it was previously paired with.

Might be nice for BT headsets as well.

Reaction score
Idea maybe already available

I would like to be able to after reading an email with an important date, click hold or push something that would bring me to that date on my calendar so I could not only add the I formaion about the date but would also be hyperlinked or connected to the orig email so all I have to do is press something and it takes me to the orig email or email thread. For someone like myself that uses email and my calendar religiously that would really help me a lot to help arrange dare needed for future.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.