MAC/VMWARE Fusion/WINDOWS XP - need some help

Reaction score
I bought an Imac in '08 for business purposes. At the time I needed to run Windows due to a particular software requirement. I use VMware Fusion for that. Long story short, I know longer need & want Windows or Fusion on my MAC. I have all these files on it that I would just like to get over to MAC. I use MS Office and Internet Explorer, not much of anything else really. How can I get these files over to the MAC side and where can I find MS Office (free beta version) for the MAC? Any help would be appreciated.

Mland

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The MS Office files (assuming Word, Excel, Powerpoint) can be saved to your documents folder in OS X. MS Office for the Mac 2008 is the current version, however, on October 27th Microsoft will release Office 2011 for the Mac. I'm sure that will have a trial version available for download.

However, you might want to download the free Open Office suite from Sun Microsystems which will read, write, and save to the MS Office file formats.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac i7
OpenOffice for Mac

Will Openoffice for Mac's handle both Microsoft doc's and docx's and iworks Pages 09 files?
Allan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OO will handle both the *.DOC and *.DOCX OK but not documents saved in the Pages natural file format.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.