• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

100th Post!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Mods at one point only had 100 posts too! LOL At least I'm not the only one to ever post something like this. :D

Sure EVERYONE has their very first post...you got to start somewhere!;)

But unlike other forums...you won't see many people here celebrating or drawing attention to their post count.

As far as that link...that was very very early in the life of Mac-Forums...probably before the Mac-Forums "culture" as it exists today was established.

- Nick

OP
MacDude121
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Sure EVERYONE has their very first post...you got to start somewhere!;)

But unlike other forums...you won't see many people here celebrating or drawing attention to their post count.

As far as that link...that was very very early in the life of Mac-Forums...probably before the Mac-Forums "culture" as it exists today was established.

- Nick

.... Why do you keep trying to take away all my fun? :'( lol jk. But yeah. I said a "little" celebration. For myself basically so I'd have something to look back on.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
.... Why do you keep trying to take away all my fun? :'( lol jk. But yeah. I said a "little" celebration. For myself basically so I'd have something to look back on.

I'm not trying to take away all your fun!;)

You've been a member on Mac-Forums for about 14 days...so you possibly haven't had a lot of time to notice that post count is not really celebrated or recognized as much as it is on some other internet forums. Here it's about quality over quantity...but that doesn't mean you can't have some fun posting some junk posts as well!:) Keep your eyes open in the months to come...and you'll see what I mean.

In any case...if you wanted a "little celebration"...you probably should have waited until at least 1000 posts (then 5000, then 10,000, etc.) until you threw yourself a party! Ha ha!;)

- Nick

OP
MacDude121
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
I'm not trying to take away all your fun!;)

You've been a member on Mac-Forums for about 14 days...so you possibly haven't had a lot of time to notice that post count is not really celebrated or recognized as much as it is on some other internet forums. Here it's about quality over quantity...but that doesn't mean you can't have some fun posting some junk posts as well!:) Keep your eyes open in the months to come...and you'll see what I mean.

In any case...if you wanted a "little celebration"...you probably should have waited until at least 1000 posts (then 5000, then 10,000, etc.) until you threw yourself a party! Ha ha!;)

- Nick

Okay, I see what you mean. 100 really isn't all that big a deal... 1000 here I come! (With quality posts of course...mostly...;))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
i can has celebration too? October 3rd marked my 5th year being an active member on these boards! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.