I need a better alarm clock app: recommendations?

Reaction score
Oh wow, I have having the hardest time waking up in the morning. Can anyone recommend me a good alarm for my iphone? Maybe something that requires me to do something complex to turn off the alarm?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I set 5 alarm clocks spread throughout my room. I go through them a lot because I usually throw against the wall when I'm half asleep. >_>"

I don't think I would use my iPhone as an alarm for the reasons above. >_<"

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I set 5 alarm clocks spread throughout my room. I go through them a lot because I usually throw against the wall when I'm half asleep. >_>"

Skip the alarm clocks! Just rig up a 5 gallon bucket of ice water above your head to spill on you when it's time to get up.

If getting soaked with cold water...and "bonked" on the head with a chunk of ice doesn't get you up...I can come up with some additional self-torturing techniques!;)

- Nick

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Jeebus, do you really go through five alarm clocks? Do they all go off at once?

Yes, and no. I set two of them to go off 5 minutes later.

Skip the alarm clocks! Just rig up a 5 gallon bucket of ice water above your head to spill on you when it's time to get up.

If getting soaked with cold water...and "bonked" on the head with a chunk of ice doesn't get you up...I can come up with some additional self-torturing techniques!;)

- Nick

I don't think it would still be ice water if I did it the night before. >_>" Might be interesting though cause then I could probably save some time in my morning routine. >_<"

OP
T
Reaction score

- Nick

That's true and with the concussion you sustained from that "bonk," you have to stay awake or else you'll die!!!!!!!!

Actually, I did something similar in college where once the alarm rang, i would grab a ice cold water bottle from my bedside refrigerator gulp some of it down and put the rest by my pillow.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I don't think it would still be ice water if I did it the night before.

I thought that you might say that.;) You just fill the bucket with ice (no water) the night before. By the time it time to get up...you'll have ice water (some water/some ice).

It's a silly idea..but might save you money buying more alarm clocks when you "wing" them against the wall. Of course with the ice-water...you'll be doing more laundry!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
I thought that you might say that.;) You just fill the bucket with ice (no water) the night before. By the time it time to get up...you'll have ice water (some water/some ice).

It's a silly idea..but might save you money buying more alarm clocks when you "wing" them against the wall. Of course with the ice-water...you'll be doing more laundry!;)

- Nick

Ice water? Nah, rig a fog horn to go off 4 inches from your bed. You might be deaf for half the day but it'll get you up! (Not to mention half the Neighborhood) ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IPad 3G, Imac, MacBook, MacBook Pro 15" and 2nd gen Apple TV
How about going to bed at a decent time!

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.