Screen resolution - too small????

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2010 2.4 GHz 2gig RAM 320gig HD
All I can say is that it seems that there is not much that makes you happy...or that you can give a positive review for!:( This is not to be confused with having high standards!;) Simply that you look at many things in a pessimistic manner!:(

Sounds to me (thus far) that you are much "less negative" (but not happy) in a Windows environment...regardless of the amount of help you've received from members here on Mac-Forums!

Good luck,

- Nick

I think maybe it's you that's having a bad hair day not me as I'm quite cheerful thank you very much.

Because I criticise something does not necessarily mean I am despondent or unhappy. If we Brits think something can be done better or it is not to our liking then we say so and pretty **** sharpish. It's only by criticising a product that a manufacturer is likely to make efforts to improve it. OS X is not perfect and I don't think anyone would claim otherwise, there is always room for improvement in most walks of life.

I'm not sure why you assume there is a correlation between forum members offering their help and my happiness either? I have been grateful for the help but the two things are not mutually exclusive.

As I said previously a tweak here and there is slowly begining to yeild results.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2010 2.4 GHz 2gig RAM 320gig HD
In ANY OS X application, you can press Command+ to zoom in and CMD- to zoom out. Works in Firefox, Safari, Mail or whatever. In Safari, this gets reset when you close and re-open the app, but in Firefox, it's persistent.

Additionally, under Universal Access under the system preferences, there are other options around this.

Yes thanks for that Zoolook, I had read about that shortcut earlier today. The reason I like the NoSquint add-on though is because I'm not the sole user of this machine. My wife uses it too and she has very good eyesight. All she has to do now is move the slider back to normal when she uses it then when I come to use it again I slide it back up to 120% and everyone's happy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.