Recommended external hard drive

Reaction score
What external hard drive would you recommend? I need it to be cheap, to store and backup about 250 Gb of data or less, and to be compatible with time machine. Doesn't have to wireless and pretty looking, all I could find was some expensive time capsules etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I will just put in what I had good luck with and probably what everyone else will do they
all fail at some point just the nature of the beast but both home and work we have been
very lucky with Western Digital and Lacie d2's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
I have two WD MyBook Essential 1TB drives. I had one fail a month after I got it, and it was replaced by the store I got it from. I have been using them both since March and have had no more problems with them. They do work with Time Machine when formatted correctly. They are fairy inexpensive. I paid $99 each for them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.