Connecting to wireless from boot camp window 7

Reaction score
I just installed Windows 7 using boot camp.

Everything is working fine, except that i can't connect to any wireless network. When i plug my MBP into the internet cable it works but without it, I can't access the internet.

does anyone know what i can do to get wireless access?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Do you have a wireless network set up in your house as well as the Wireless Drivers installed in Bootcamp? The ones that were on your Apple Install Disks. Does the wireless work on your Mac side?

Reaction score
I"m having the same issue. I just installed Windows 7 on my new MBP, Core i5, and I can't connect to my wireless network. I installed all of the Bootcamp drivers from the OSX DVD. Everything works fine except for the wireless connection. My MBP, iPad and iphone as well as my HP laptop connect to my wireless network.

Reaction score
Download and install Boot Camp 3.1 for the correct flavor of Win7 (32 or 64 bit) from the Apple support site. It is a windows executable -so download and install this from within Windows. It optimizes BC for Win7. You might want to reinstall the drivers from your OSX disk after doing that. If those don't work please post back.

Cheers

OP
S
Reaction score
So after I have installed windows 7 disc, i have to put my mac disk back in? i don't understand what i have to do after installing the windows CD.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@skelder

Your Mac OS X install disk (Leopard or Snow Leopard) contains drivers for Windows. Just insert the DVD while Windows is running and the drivers will be installed automatically. If you're running Win 7 and have Snow Leopard, you will additionally need to download and install the Boot Camp 3.1 update from Apple - either the 32 or 64 bit which corresponds to whichever version of Win 7 you have. Likewise do that from Windows.

Reaction score
My home Uverse wireless network always displays as an option: on my HP laptop, iphone, ipad, Mac Mini and Macbook Pro. It also displays as an option on the Bootcamp Win 7 partition on my Macbook Pro, but it says that it can't connect when I select it. It doesn't prompt me for any kind of a password which it usually does when I first add a new device.

I checked to make sure that I have the most recent update of Bootcamp.

Also, I was able to connect my Win7 bootcamp partition to Starbuck's wifi with no problem.

Reaction score
Well, now some times it connects and sometimes it doesn't. I just have to try several time, and eventually it will allow me to enter the router's ID.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.