Trash wont empty - files located on XP BootCamp partition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel iMac Leopard 10.5.8
Hi

My Trash won't empty on my computer - I can sort of see the problem as I have bootcamp running Windows XP.
If you look in the attached picture you will see the directory the files are located in are in windows but for some reason they are in the OSX Trash and they wont empty. The trash in xp is empty.

Picture%206.png

How can I get rid of these?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot back to Windows XP. Open the File Explorer, make sure you have selected to show all hidden and system files, remove the attributes from that file (right click on file, select properties, uncheck appropriate boxes) and delete it from the Windows File Explorer.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel iMac Leopard 10.5.8
Sorry I havent got back.....

Thanks for the repies...

I got the problem sorted by booting Windows--->Going to My Computer-->Right clicking c:\ Drive--> Properties--> Ticking fix errors automatically and running chk disk-->Restart you mac back into windows and chk disk will run and fix the problems-->files gone....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.