Multi-User data Usage tracking on network

Reaction score
Hey All,
I have some rowdy housemates who hog up all the internet quota well before the month ends and there is no way for me to blame anyone. I need a software that can help me track data usage by individual IP addresses or something. Please let me know if any such software exists for mac.
Much appreciated,

Ravin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
I think things like that needs to be running on the router itself to keep track of everything and it would probably go through MAC address rather than IP's because they can change. At the office we have something similar through our cisco routers, not sure of the exact setup, but the other IT guy takes care of the networking side or things, i Just run the servers but me and him go through roughly 25GB each per month :p everyone else sits around 1GB :p I'll have a look around and see what I come up with

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
So far Mac wise ive only found this SkoobySoft - Skooby Utilities

Downside is it has to be installed and viewed on each computer and if they are running windows you have to find a different program. If they were on a server/domain it may be a different story

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks for the reply but the problem is really one causing me to break my head. I have a 50 gig plan which is down and dead by mid month and it is shameful for me to repeat this time and again. I need a software that tracks usage of all MAC addresses as rightly corrected by halo200, directly from my MBP. This is the only way i can resolve this issue. Let me know if you guys find anything in regard.

Thanks!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.