Constantly Asked for Password...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In the house: MacBook Pro, MacBook, iPod Classic, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, Apple TV, Airport Extreme
Hey, I'm not really sure what happened but at some point this morning I F-ed up and made it so every single time I try to move a file or delete something I get prompted for my password.

It doesn't matter what it is or what folder it is, I am prompted for every single thing I do. Anyone have any ideas?

MBP - 10.6.4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Did you change permissions on your home folder?

OP
JacksonRy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In the house: MacBook Pro, MacBook, iPod Classic, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, Apple TV, Airport Extreme
I did. I have two users on my MPB, both are me. One is for work and the other is for personal. I made it so I can access all the files in the home folder from either account.

If I want to be able to do this, will I have to enter my password for everything?

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.