@ HD backup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2.4 GHz, Core 2, 4GB RAM, OS 10.6.4
Just got a 1 tb toshiba canvio. Wondering if its a better idea to use time machine(which will delete all software on it) to backup or to use the original software. Txs in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Yes, use Time Machine. Just format as Mac OSX Journaled using Disk Utility. Also it is always a good idea to partition (or get another HDDD) and create a bootable clone using SuperDuper! or Carbon Copy Cloner.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2.4 GHz, Core 2, 4GB RAM, OS 10.6.4
Txs for the info. Confused tho about whether to partition, create boot, format or use time machine first. It appears to me if I do one or the other it will erase whatever I did previously.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
The backup software that is pre-loaded on some hard drives aren't really that great from what I have seen. You also have to make sure it works on Macs. Unless you really like their software I would also recommend Time Machine. It would also be easier for others to help you since TM is commonly used.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.