keyboard backlight spacebar - too anal

Reaction score
hey all,

I am very new to the mac world... i just picked up a macbook pro 13" - amazing machine...

Regarding the backlight for the keboard, my space seems to be maybe tilted or mis_aligned... it feels fine but from the front looking at it, not all of it has the back light but if you push on the front of it you can get it to be seen... I can kind of do the same thing with my return key, one minute you see the back light and then if you press on it kind of push it down it will cover the light, then kind of push rub it forward and you can see the light...

but for the spacebar, it doesnt stay... Am i being too anal or?? I guess the keys have play... maybe I just haven't spend $1500 on anything in years... not even my car. lol...

let me know how your spacebars and keys and backlights are...

thank you,

bobby

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I understand your frustration as I am slightly OCD myself (OK more than slightly). Does everything work? I would just be happy and in a week or two you will forget all about it. I am guessing they might make you pay a restocking fee if the issue is something like this. You wouldn't know until you asked Apple though. Good luck.

OP
B
Reaction score
yeah, I figure I will forget, but I wonder if its just because of mass production or if that's just how it is...

- restocking fee, not cool... but if I just exchange - or do they not do that...?
or would they just replace/repair...

I think I will just try to make it in to a apple store or bestbuy and see if I can notice the issue on the floor models... only thing is that its so bright in there it might be hard to tell...

ocd, is a beeyotch, lol

its good to know there are felloe ocd mac lovers out there...

bobbyz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
The spacebar on my MBP 13 doesn't show much light around it either. I think it's just the design. With all the keys lit up in the dark, there's no missing the wide black spacebar. Put your OCD aside and enjoy a fantastic notebook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (mid-2010) 2.4, 250HDD, 4Gb - iPhone4 32GB
13" MBP - spacebar looks the same as yours; light isn't even... anyone notice if their 7/& key seems to be lit darker than the rest of the keys?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.