create audio cd

Reaction score
new mac user with a 13'' mac book pro , now 2 weeks old.
every time i try and do an audio cd either with finder or itunes i get an error message and the cd wont pay on a cd player, i use a cd-r disc. i probably being a complete doofus but any help or rhyme or reason why this happens would be appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Try using disk utility directly, or alternatively, download Burn, which is a free burning program, which should make things a little easier for you.

C

chas_m

Not a very good answer I'm afraid. You really should have tried to discover and then address the actual problem the OP is having.

To redfern63: does this only happen when you try to burn an Audio CD? Could you describe the steps you are taking to make this happen? Are you always using the same brand of CD-R?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Not that bad an answer, I never found the methods he tried worked very well. Far easier to use Burn and drag the tracks you want to burn into the window and burn a disc.
To be honest, it could be the media he's using, if it's a cheap brand.
I was merely pointing out a different method for him to try, that will just cost him a disc. No harm in that.

OP
R
Reaction score
im using verbatim cd-r disc ive tried doing through finder and through itunes as for method i followed the instructions. tried the burn program an it didnt come up with the error message but too late to try it on the cd player tonight.
burn method is all well and good but i should be able to do without that ta ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.