Starting my old iMac

Reaction score
I have an old round base type of iMac and when I turn it on... I hear the mac "ring" and then a little folder appears with a question mark in it in the center of the screen. The computer booted fine before moving it to my home from the office and now it wont boot and all I get is this little folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
It cannot find a system folder, have you got the restore disk still for that ole mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Yea, that sometimes happens when you move them around. I got an iBook from a member here. Saw pictures of it working fine, but when it got here it was doing what you described. I popped in the disks, reloaded the OS, worked like a champ.

Could be possible that the hard drive itself pooched. You will know that if the OS installer can't recognize any hard disk at all. Good luck! I want to get myself a G4 iMac; probably the coolest looking computer ever built IMO.

Reaction score
May be time for a new battery. Flavor iMacs will often not boot if the battery is dead. Check the time and date and see if there are wrong.

Hey iBelder...Im in College Park, Ga.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.