Remote app and iTunes

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I have the remote App on my iPhone 4 and iPad and it works fine. I have notice a bit of a latency but only occasionally. They work great with the AppleTV as well. Maybe I got lucky? IDK

Nope, think those for whom it's not working are the unlucky few. As Tattoed noted above, google is useless in this case. There just does not seem to be any widespread cases of this if you take the dearth of anything related to this at all being found as evidence.

Reaction score
Same here tried all the solutions but its still a no go. I don't think I have any firewall settings on my wireless router but I'll check and post here if anything changes. Please post a solution if anyone finds one. Weird thing is, it used to work before I upgraded to Remote App 2.0

OP
N
Reaction score
Mine is working now. I have done exactly NOTHING to achieve this. This week it works, last week it didn't.
I have one issue though. I often put my songs on shuffle, and what I have noticed is that if a song starts and I would like to skip it, when I look at the Remote app, it's not showing the actual song that is playing. It shows one of the previously played songs.
It would be good if Apple could fix these problems, but then how can you complain about something that is free?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Update after initial connection didnt want to again

Deleted Remote and dl it again, and everything is dandy :)

Problem solved.

Cheers

Reaction score
Same problem with Remote to iTunes connect

similar to others I had remote working properly until the implementation of the OS upgrade, the iTunes upgrade, the iPhone upgrade and the entire mess of the mobile me/iCloud upgrade.

My problem now is when I try and set up remote on my iPhone I can generate the code to connect to the library, but when I start up iTunes and pick the iPhone device, I do not get a prompt to enter the code. I have confirmed that home sharing is on in all areas. I am using a Time capsule wireless network, and use Airport Express to transmit to a remote receiver,and have it functioning properly. No firewalls are deployed. Have confirmed all Apple Id's and have restated home sharing several times. Home sharing is working properly for iTunes on on wireless remote computers

Apple support has been totally unprepared and booted this up to engineering, but no call back from engineering to date.

My opinion: Their software upgrades have let this great feature inoperable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.