My Mac Mail just stopped working!

C

createasaurus

I've been using my Mac Mail on the same computer for over a year now without any problems. Now, it won't receive or send anything. When I try and receive (check my server for mail), I get the following error after I click on the little :

There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Check the settings for account “createasaurus” or try again.

The server error encountered was: The connection to the server “mail.createasaurus.com” on port 110 timed out.

When I try and send, and after a minute or two the pop-up comes up with the options, try again later or use selected server. When this came up in the past, I just selected the working smtp server from the options and it worked.

Now nothing works, except the web-based versions of my POP email accounts... which I HATE to use... they're so inefficient.

What gives? Anyone have an idea of what happened to my Mac Mail? All my settings are the same as they were before.

Thanks for any input. Your help is GREATLY appreciated :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Is this maybe only a temporary server issue?

Reaction score
Creatasaurus: Have you figured out your problem? I have the same issue but I can receive mail, just can't send it for the last 2 days. I get the "port timed out" message and when I change the port I get that my email was "rejected by server". Got any tips on it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I guess he sorted it out ok as it was three years ago! Try running Repair Permissions and see if that clears your mail problem. If not go to Home>Library and remove the com.apple.mail.plist in preferences to the desktop and see if that works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.