Camera roll (iphone 4)

Reaction score
i add photos to all of my contacts in my phone list.

most of these have been added from photos i've taken on my phone.

if i choose the photos that are located in my photo library to show up on selected contacts; can i then delete them from my camera roll once they've been added?

or if i do this will this result in the photos disappearing in both the contacts AND the photos area?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
if i choose the photos that are located in my photo library to show up on selected contacts; can i then delete them from my camera roll once they've been added?

or if i do this will this result in the photos disappearing in both the contacts AND the photos area?

Yes, you can add photos to people in your contacts and then delete the photo from your camera roll afterwards, the image will still be associated with the assigned contacts.

Reaction score
iPhone photos for caller ID pictures

I have tried to search this forum and couldn't find an answer to this question...

I have around 2000 photo's on my iPhone 4 that live on my Macbook Pro. When I make an outgoing call or get an incoming call, the photo for the Caller ID used to be a full screen picture. Now, the photos are very small across the top of the sceen. It seems like photo's used for Caller ID must be taken with the iPhone 4 and live on the Camera Roll.

But this did not used to be the case-all the Caller ID photo's used to come in full screen. Obviously, I would like them to come as a full screen photo.

NOTE: Previously my Contacts came from my work PC. But everything else on my iPhone (photo's, music, movies) are stored and synched from my Macbook Pro. I now store my Contacts on my G-mail account. That's when the photo's started to be smaller for the Caller ID.

Can anyone help me with this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.