Applecare Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2.4 GHz, Core 2, 4GB RAM, OS 10.6.4
I live overseas. I asked my dad to purchase a MBP and applecare for me in the states. To keep the baggage weight down on the trip back he trashed the boxes and got the mac guy to install all the software. Now when he got back i found out that he also trashed the applecare paper, serial, and registration number and if the mac guy did install and register the applecare then he did it under the wrong email(a letter being the difference from my original). I have no idea how to correct this problem as I can't check the status of my registration without the correct email and password. If anybody has an idea what to do I'd be grateful.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple care is registered by machine serial number at the time of purchase. Just call Apple customer support, give them the SN of your machine and ask them to make the corrections for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.