Screen protectors actually useful?

Reaction score
I just bought an ipad.

I'm definitely getting a case, but should I even bother with a screen protector?

I had a Zagg screen protector for my iPhone 4 but it kept peeling off... Makes me dislike them!! So now, my iPhone is screen protector-less.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.1 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB Ram
Invest in a Microfibre cloth and screen cleaner

I've had mine for months and I can tell you the screen gets streaks and a thin film from your fingers and the natural oils in your skin. Can't imagine a screen protector would fare any better. The best thing to do is get an approved product that will clean the screen with a good microfibre cloth. I got a kit from The Source that will clean LCD screens and iPad , iPod screens. I've been using it for months. It cleans perfectly and it looks like new when you're done. I've tried a simple damp cloth, but it doesn't get it clean. This stuff works like a charm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
I have the Zagg invisible shield on my iPad and its not coming off! Its like insurance, you never know how valuable it is until you actually need it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I have the Zagg invisible shield on my iPad and its not coming off! Its like insurance, you never know how valuable it is until you actually need it!

How does affect the look and feel of the screen? I've had mutiple ones on my iphones and you can always tell they're there. I don't have one on my iPhone 4, but I have to take it back for a defect in the screen.

I don't want something that's going to make the screen less responsive of difficult to use, but scratches suck and they can happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
Yes, you can tell it is there. It has a somewhat of a softer feel than running your finger on plain glass, but I have not noticed any sensitivity problems. You just have to be very careful and take your time so you don't get anything under the shield. There is a little spec of dust under mine and it is driving me crazy! (but not crazy enough to take off the shield and risk stretching it or tearing it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
I picked up this super inexpensive screen protectors from Amazon. They work great and I honestly forget it's there at times. It comes with three because you will probably screw up the installation a few times, hopefully by the third you get it, like i did lol. For the price you really cant go wrong. It does occasionally get smudges/finger prints, but the regular screen does that as well. I just whip it down with a microfiber and it's back to new.

Amazon.com: 3 Pack of Premium Crystal Clear Screen Protectors for Apple iPad: Electronics

It's main function of course is to protect the screen from getting scratched/damaged and this does a fine job at it.
Along with the screen protector, I also have the Apple iPad folding case.

Reaction score
Search this forum as this has been discussed before. I have a friend who's 4 year old managed to scratch his screen pretty good with something. And my wife had a couple of hairline scratches on hers before I got a screen protector on. I love the PowerSupport Crystal films because they're easy to put on/change and I can't tell there's anything there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.