Superdrive Error

Reaction score
My DVD superdrive is not functioning correctly.

In this thread (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/216176-installing-os-x-scratch-macbook.html), I was advised to buy the OS X DVD and run an install with format. This worked and installation began. However, about halfway through the installation, the DVD was making a sound from the drive like it was a redundency check (familiar sound from Windows), and the installation did not move for 15 minutes. After this, I rebooted the machine, reinserted the new DVD but now it fails to read Snow Leopard. I have tried a Windows Vista DVD, which the Macbook seems to read - and load - fine (even though this DVD has much more damage than the Mac OS X DVD I just purchased). Can someone advise me what to do in this situation?

Thank you.

OP
M
Reaction score
I am posting here to say that the error appears to be gone. I let the computer go on break for some time, got the dust out of the drive, and tried the install again. The installation completed and is fully operational. Sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.