MacBook Pro – oversensitive trackpad

Reaction score
I’m having to use my MacBook Pro without a mouse and am finding the click on the trackpad far too sensitive. It opens files and sends e-mails even when I touch it – and not just when I click.

Can someone pse tell me how to set it so that it will not cause anything to happen until I make a positive click?

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
System Preferences > Trackpad > Tap to Click?

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks ... but this is what I have. Yet, it's still got this hair trigger. Is there anything else I can do?

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
You have it checked or unchecked?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I hate that feature too on every laptop I've used whether it's Windows or Mac. As mentioned above you have to uncheck the Tap to Click feature on your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
It took me a while to get used to the sensitivity, but now that I am, I can't imagine being without it.
In saying that, I have the bottom of the trackpad set to left and right click, which I prefer to use when working with certain applications.
Without the tap to click, left and right click setup may be a more suitable option for you.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well, I've unchecked the box and it seems OK. (Strange, you'd have thought that it would be the other way round.)

Anyway, VMT to everyone for the helpful replies.

M

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.