Best app for cleaning cache?

Reaction score
Im looking for the best app to maintain the OS and keep things running smoothly.

I came across OnyX and have been using that so far.

New to Macs, I just got a MPB 13 last Friday and loving it so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
OnyX is what I use as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Is there any way to set up a schedule?

Honestly, I have no idea. I have not had the need to run it more than a few times a year if that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Cocktail is one of the main 3 apps I use to keep my Mac in tip top shape.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
All of us longtime Windows users that actually maintained their Win machines have this same idea. It took me a couple of years to get out of my old habits, but you shouldn't need to run Onyx (or whichever app you decide on) but once every 2-3 months instead of the old weekly chores we were use to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", Intel i7, ssd, 4gb ram
I am new to the Mac also and I have been using MainMenu. I like it a lot because it's simple and effective for cleaning caches, browsing history and cache and doing daily, weekly and monthly maintenance that is done automatically if your computer is on at 3am which mine is not, usually. It does a few other things as well, but another reason I like it is it doesn't have a ton of extra seldom, if ever used features like some of the other applications mentioned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.