HP 2600n color issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13"
Hi, I'm trying to print some documents at the office's printer but all the images are printing blackened and text is highlighted in red or blue.
Since this model is old, HP won't help me! And the "solution" provided in their webpage is not working. They say I need to change to "device" instead of the default color on the printers characteristics.
Do any of you have a solution?? Thanks!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It looks like HP discontinued this model some time ago. Also without any other information about your system, RE: what year model Mac you're using, which version of OS X, etc, it's difficult to offer any help.

Do you have the proper drivers installed for the printer?

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13"
I'm using OS 10.6.4. And it seems that after a software update (from mac) I did a while ago, things went wrong. The first 2 weeks I used the printer everything was OK, then updated and the problem started.
I checked the drivers and they seem updated... :S

Reaction score
I'm using OS 10.6.4. And it seems that after a software update (from mac) I did a while ago, things went wrong. The first 2 weeks I used the printer everything was OK, then updated and the problem started.
I checked the drivers and they seem updated... :S
Did you repair permissions after you did the update...when you install printer drivers or system updates you should repair permissions. Do you have OnyX.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13"
I don't think so... how should I do that?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot your machine with the Snow Leopard DVD. Enter Disk Utility from the top menu "Utilities". Highlight your hard drive on the left side, click on the First Aid tab on the right and select "Repair Permissions" from the bottom box.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13"
Great, I used OnyX and it worked. I was at the office, so no access to the original disk, but it seems everything's OK now. Thanks!! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.