ipad and goodreader

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,iphone,time capsule,ipad
Good morning. Has anyone else updated to the goodreader with annotation capabilities? I have and am not finding the highlighter, any ideas? Thanks for your help.

R Ahrens

GNR

Reaction score
Tap and hold on screen where you want to annotate and memo pops up. The tools are very well done.

BUT I make big use of annotating pdfs and it is a big deal for me. SAD to say the Goodreader annotations cannot be expected to stick very well when received on iPad or desktop. They do appear to stick in Windows Adobe 9, BUT in editable format which is not what I want. Even then, the annotations will not print. They do not stick in Foxit. They do not stick in any iPad reader I have (except goodreader). Unreliable sticking is a killer for me.

So far the most reliable pdf annotation that sticks is "Noterize" Its interface is a bit confusing, but its annotations stick in all pdf readers I have tried on iPad and in Adobe and Foxit Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Just single or double tap anywhere on a PDF. Alternatively, you can press and hold for options.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks

Thanks for the replies. I do tap/hold at the spot I want to highlight, the menu comes up that includes the choice for sub menu: draw. I choose draw and receive choices for line,arrow,square, circle or freehand. I do not find highlight. Should I be in a different menu?
Thanks. R Ahrens

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
figured it out

I believe I just figured out why I cant highlight. The document I was working on was originally a scanned document, so it does not actually contain text. For this reason neither the highlight nor search functions work.
Thanks again.
R Ahrens

GNR

Reaction score
Good morning. Has anyone else updated to the goodreader with annotation capabilities? I have and am not finding the highlighter, any ideas? Thanks for your help.

R Ahrens

Another advantage Noteize has is the ability to higlight pdf images

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, Acer second display 1TB Iomega HD, iPad 32GB wifi, iphone 4, sprint overdrive
i second Noterize. Nice App

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.