30g iPod Photo vs. 20g iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
I am thinking about buying a new ipod and I am leaning towards buying the 30g photo for $325 from CDW over the newer ipod, and I was wondering if there are any new features that I am missing that would be substantial enough to make me want the newer version? Right now it seems that the 30g is much better of a deal because there is no tax from CDW and you get the extra 10g for $25

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=755742

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I would say the larger the iPod the better. You probably won't see to much of a difference between the two otherwise.

Now, slightly off topic....

FishinFool said:
Right now it seems that the 30g is much better of a deal because there is no tax from CDW

I would not be too sure of that...I have read stories about it being charged regardless, and know some whom it happened to...then I saw this article not too long ago..

CDW plans to charge state sales tax to all customers beginning April 1.....there are likely a number of customers that buy through CDW to avoid paying sales tax. Consequently, the company could naturally lose some of these customers......Sooner or later, it has to happen. It's not a question of if, but when, it will happen. There's too much sales tax revenue lost," Edwardson(CEO of CDW) said at that time.
Article link here

Essentially, state sales tax is something that you have to pay, for living in your state (tax amount will vary dependant upon your state). Some sites have gotten around that for a while, by paying it for you. But like CDW's CEO said, they are losing money big time on it. So, rather than continue to pay it for you, they are actually passing the tax onto the consumer. After all, you as the consumer are the one who should have been paying it in the first place, :black: The tax you pay depends on where the order is placed from. If you don't like it, bring it to your local state representative or congressman.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I was wondering if there are any new features that I am missing that would be substantial enough to make me want the newer version?

It isn't really a "newer" version at all...

It is the exact same hardware as the 30GB photo, except they have put a 20GB harddrive in there.
Otherwise there is NO difference. So I'd also recommend the 30GB.

S

sursuciofla

FishinFool said:
I am thinking about buying a new ipod and I am leaning towards buying the 30g photo for $325 from CDW over the newer ipod, and I was wondering if there are any new features that I am missing that would be substantial enough to make me want the newer version? Right now it seems that the 30g is much better of a deal because there is no tax from CDW and you get the extra 10g for $25

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=755742

I have 30 gig, SO I guess that answers my position on which one.

I

iDVFH.

There is NO difference..BUT you could buy the 60 for $75 more..but I don't know anyone who needs more than 30GB lol..I'm personally content with my U2 iPod in color..though the smudge marks do annoy me sometimes..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.