Macbook is not charging

Reaction score
the percentage is displayed at 0 even after having it plugged in

I tried to look up a solution, and people report having a "not charging" message. I don't. When i click the battery and drop down menu, it says 1:15 until full. it also says condition: replace soon

it was fine yesterday and i never had any problems. the life was just fine on it.

the magsafe color is orange as if its charging

there is only one flashing green light on the battery itself, and i think when its actually charging, they all light up

its not under apple care

OP
P
Reaction score
actually, i got it working now. i cleaned where the charger and computer connect. it seems to be working but i still see that "replace soon" message that i dont like haha

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
With the info posted so far...sounds like you need a new battery. Even when you got the charging to work temporarily...you got the "replace soon" message.

Some very important info you did not tell us was...when was the last time your battery charged properly, and when it would charge ok...how long (hours & minutes) would your laptop operate on a full charge (unplugged)?

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.