Mac-friendly CMS?

Reaction score
Hello fellow Mac users,

What are the most Mac-friendly open source content management systems (CMS) these days? Or, which ones seem to be the most popular among Mac users? Or at least, which ones are the most troublesome and should be avoided for Mac users? I realize they're web-based, but I'll still be developing the website on my Mac before uploading it to the host.

I heard a rumor that Microsoft is looking to buy the parent company of WordPress. And I've heard that some of the Joomla! developers are Mac users. But wondering about all the others out there too, especially the newer up-and-coming CMS's and wondering what peoples' experiences have been especially if you have compared them...

I'm looking for one for a small business ecommerce site that is scalable and as future-proof as possible or that looks like it has a bright future and works well with MAMP Pro and my Mac...preferably PHP 5: object-oriented.

Thanks!
Jeff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.