Using keyboard to jump to folder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" Macbook Pro
Quick question. So you know how when you have the finder open and for example you wanna go to the folder named "Test", to do this you can just start typing "Test" and the finder will automatically jump down to it. Ok, well What I'm trying to figure out is how to do this when saving a file.

For example, Lets say I click a download link on the internet. Up jumps a window asking where I want to save it. Now lets say I want to save the file the folder called "Today" which is located in my "Documents" folder. To do this I click documents on the left hand side, Now opens the sub-menu thingy with a list of all the folder in the "Documents" folder. Now like I said I wanna save it in "Today". But instead of scrolling down the list of all the folders and files in the "Documents" folder in saerch of "Today" I just wanna start typing 'Today" and have it jump down to it.

Now here Is the problem. Every time I try doing this it thinks I wanna change the name of the file I'm trying to save. Is there a trick I don't know that lets me do this?

Sorry for the weird explanation, I found this situation hard to put into words.:Blushing:

Thanx

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" Macbook Pro
No one? Do you guys understand what I'm trying to ask?

Reaction score
sorry

there is no way to do this automatically, but if you have a very large documents folder, you can click the little arrow thingy next to the save name, and type in the search field there

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.