Help with downloading

Reaction score
Recently I have had issues downloading. No matter which browser I use (Safari, Firefox, or Chrome), whenever I try to download the page will just refresh or it will turn white with no text. I logged onto my wife's profile and can download just fine.

On my profile, I can download pictures by right-clicking and I can update software via drop-down menus; however, "click here to download" links do not work (sites such as apple.com and download.com).

I have Googled this issue to death and cannot find any sort of solution. The closest that I have found involves removing download enhancement applications. The problem is that I have never used those, although I did double-check my applications folder for whichever program was listed in the given solution. I have also tried turning my firewall on and off to no avail.

Additionally, I have used anti-virus software (ClamXav) and that came up with nothing. I am using a 2007 Intel iMac 10.6.4 and have 90+ gigs of space on my hard drive. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
It works fine on another account, therefore the problem is the account. Create a new one. Read Mac Help on Accounts to migrate from the corrupt one to the new one without losing files, etc. Then fuggetaboutit. You'll spin your wheels trying to figure out exactly what is wrong with that account. It's not worth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.