Get rid of iPhone Data Plan by switching back to Motorola Rzr V3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
My original phone before I upgraded to the iPhone was a Rzr V3. The reason I bought the iPhone was because I thought I might be able to find a data block for it I've tried pretty much every data block imaginable and nothing seems to work so I was wondering maybe if I take out the sim card of my iPhone and put it back in my Rzr V3 if I will still get charged for a data plan? If not, I will just use my Rzr V3 again as my main phone and use the iPhone for apps and stuff. I just want to use the phone as a regular phone and not have to pay anything for data as it was originally when I was just using my Rzr.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
As sad that it is, you would still have to pay for the data, even if you put the sim in the Motorola. But try contacting your carrier, if your willing to, there is usually about a $100 data termination fee.

Reaction score
I don't think that he does have to pay for his data. I know that you can reduce data plans. For example if you have the 2Gb you can go to the 200mb if you want. At anytime. Including changing the calling plan. That's what they they told me anyway. So, I'm not sure why they wouldn't let him take it off.

I'd go with the 15 dollar one or something and use wifi. The thing is man, data is gonna be required on most phones this time next year. Right now Verizon only has like 3 phones that don't require it and I'm not sure about at&T. I'd stick with that iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Why didn't you just buy an ipod touch if you don't need the phone part of the iphone?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.