word processing

Reaction score
just bought an imac. why wouldn't they include a word processing program with it? with the cost of the imac i think it's pretty weak that no word processing is included.

i guess im going to have to go out and spend another $50+ for iwork

i'm broke after buying the imac and i have papers to write. textedit is not WP - it's notepad

anyone know a free downloadable word processing program?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Just a note: For OpenOffice, the above link is fine for 10.4 PPC needs, but if you have an Intel computer (which is what it seems), then use this link for Oo_Org.

I have been using both NeoOffice and OpenOffice for exchanging file (i.e. Word for Windows), and no one can tell the difference (unless extensive tables).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I have been using both NeoOffice and OpenOffice for exchanging file (i.e. Word for Windows), and no one can tell the difference (unless extensive tables...

...or a logo, or address labels, or simple table, or you're bothered about exact formatting...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Yep, but with the people I work with, the only issue (listed above) is tables, and they seldom use those.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.