Comparison~

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a student and currently thinking of switching to a MB or MBP. I have used my current HP laptop for a little more than 3 years already and the battery life is horrible and the console itself, freezes, sometimes.

I'm debating between MACBOOK WHITE 13.3" OR MACBOOK PRO 13.3" -- although they have ALMOST the same specs, except MBP is running with 4GB and with SD CARD SLOTS.

I'm just using it for school (taking notes) / surfing on the Internet / listening to music / HD movie watching / webcam - basically the regular day-to-day activity.

Is it really worth buying a MAC if I'm only using it mainly for those purpose?? Or should I wait until summer when the student deals returns (free ipod touch with a purchase of mac)??

Please help me out!! Thanks! :p

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm just using it for school (taking notes) / surfing on the Internet / listening to music / HD movie watching / webcam - basically the regular day-to-day activity.

Is it really worth buying a MAC if I'm only using it mainly for those purpose?? Or should I wait until summer when the student deals returns (free ipod touch with a purchase of mac)??

Please help me out!! Thanks! :p

I really don't think we can answer that...only you can make that decision!

It's kind of like asking us if you should eat a hamburger & fries or pasta for dinner tonight...it's your decision!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Should you buy a mac? Sure, you will not regret your decision

What should you buy, well what's your budget, both are great so if you want to save a few bucks, get the White macbook (see my mac specs.)

Also check out the mac refurb store, or investigate the Mac student discount scheme.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.