• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

best way to make narated slideshow on DVD?

Reaction score
I am making a slideshow of old photographs for my parent's 50th weding aniversary. One they can watch on a TV (so standard DVD).

I would like to record a naration allong with it.

What is the most straighforward way to do this? I can make a slideshow easily enough using iphoto, keynote, or imovie..and then presumably move to DVD. it's the naration that is giving me trouble.

C

chas_m

I am making a slideshow of old photographs for my parent's 50th weding aniversary. One they can watch on a TV (so standard DVD).

I would like to record a naration allong with it.

What is the most straighforward way to do this?

Yes.

1. Assemble the movie in iMovie.
2. Write a script, and rehearse it with the movie playing so you get the timing perfect.
3. Record the narration in iMovie over the film. This is a built-in feature.
How to Add Narration to Your iMovie Project - For Dummies
4. Pass the finished film into iDVD as normal.

OP
A
Reaction score
Tried this...

it seemed to work just fine in imovie. seemed to work fine when playing the DVD in my imac. but...

tested on a PC and no sound!

haven't tested in a regular DVD player (which is what the project was intended to be played on). But I thought after many hours of editing that it was DONE! I need to tonight (and can't do anyting with it untill I get home, because here at work I have a PC, not a mac).

I read on several forums that there is apparently a common problem of loosing the sound track when burning an imovie to DVD (also, frankly, the process was NOT very intuitive). I figured the option in imovie that says "send to iDVD" would, you know, send the project to iDVD. but no. had to send to media browser. how is that logical? I thought mac was supposed to be so well integrated and intuitive to use! I'm more than a bit frustrated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.