Mac - windows 7 file sharing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
I recently build a little media server/ file server and put windows 7 on it. I have set up sharing so that I can easily see my mac from the windows machine and navigate through and use files on my mac without issue. I also am able to see my the windows machine through my mac but the only directory it will let me navigate through the is "Users" directory. I have shared a few other directories and can see them but when I try to access the folder when connecting I get the message "You do not have permission to access the server "box-pc"." I can then connect to users then navigate out to see the other directories and when I try to connect I receive the message "The operation can't be completed because the original item for "[directory]" can't be found."

Specifically I need to connect to a 3tb raid drive but it does not work for other directories either. I am pretty sure I have all sharing permissions enabled that I need to and I am logging in as a user with sufficient privileges. I have also tried allowing Anonymous login but that did not seem to work either.

Thanks, any suggestions are appreciated.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
And of course after a couple days of trying I get it to work 5 min after posting. It dosent like passwords users. created a password and am home free. Sorry for this post guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.