Entourage 2008: Database Daemon Fatal Error

Reaction score
When I start up Entourage 2008 I get the message 'Database Daemon Fatal Error' and the programme force quits.

I've found elsewhere about how to resolve this with the Remove Office tool within the Microsoft folder. My question is about saving the data within Entourage (emails, contacts, etc). Is this backed up as part of my Time Machine backup I have set up? Or is there a way of saving this now without the need to open Entourage (which I obviously cant)?

Any other pointers?

Steve

OP
MacBirder
Reaction score
OK. I managed to resolve the problem myself after biting the bullet. I managed to open Entourage long enough to switch it to offline and it didnt force quit itself. This allowed me to export my data before running a database validation check. This told me that the database had errors. I figured the problem must lay with one of yesterdays emails so I decided to delete all of yesterdays mails (in and out) and then export the data again and run a second validation check. Lo-and-behold, when I was deleting the mails I started getting problems with removing some of them. I deleted what I could then re-export and ran a second check. Same error message. This time I took the plunge to rebuild the database and it came through rebuild OK and its up and running again.

Reaction score
Fatal database daemon error

Hi
i have the same error and yesterday i was able to get in long enough to run a database check and i did not have any errors but i rebuild the database just in case. That did not help fix the problem. Today i can't get in at all as the error message comes up before entourage really opens.

any new suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.