Security Camera Connection

Reaction score
Hi

I am planning on connecting this security camera to my Powerbook G4.

Weatherproof Color Security Camera with Night Vision

I know it is cheap but I only need it to upload video to the Weather Underground to suppliment the weather data I send to them.

It connects with a single RCA connector. My question is, Do I need a video capture USB connector or can I use a simple RCA to USB connection? In addition, Does my Mac require a Mac specific capture device or will a windows device work.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I did do a search but could not find a solution, Thanks in advance.

Snag

Reaction score
That looks like an ethernet connection in the pic, not an RCA. Only thing I know of which might work for that is SecuritySpy ..:: SecuritySpy ::...
Maybe someone else knows of something else?

OP
S
Reaction score
The camera has a phone cable from the unit to a splitter, the rca connection is at this point.

Reaction score
The first one is for PC but "might" work with something like this: EchoFX - Video Capture For Mac OS X
The second one, I have no idea.
I use a Pinnacle Dazzle made for PC at about $40 from Best Buy and use Videoglide. Was using it on my HP but now the PC is hooked up to my tv.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.