Macbook pro wont wake up after going to sleep

Reaction score
hey there all

Basicly i have been using my macbook pro for probably 5 months now and just the other day i upgraded it to 8g Ram since then for some reason when i close the lid to put it to sleep, on opening it to use again it seems to be either locked in sleep or wont turn back on again....

I have to hold the power button for about 10secs and then release and press again to get it to turn back on again.

Does anyone else have this problem and maybe a fix for it?? I will put the 4g Ram back in and see what happens when i get home but why would a simple Ram upgrade be doing this???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Have you tried resetting your PRAM?

Shut down the computer.

Turn on the computer.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.

Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.

Release the keys.

See if that changes anything.

OP
M
Reaction score
hey there thanks for the help i just tryed that but no good..... closed lid for 5mins and opened again and nothing happened, will try with some different ram in a sec. Any other suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Found this under Apples SMC reset instructions which may apply to you:

Power
The computer doesn't respond to the power button when pressed.
A portable Mac doesn't appear to respond properly when you close or open the lid.
The computer sleeps or shuts down unexpectedly.
The battery does not appear to be charging properly.
The MagSafe power adaptor LED doesn't appear to indicate the correct activity.

Heres the link with more info and intructions on how to reset it:

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for that i read that earlier today and i agree with you it does sound similar to the issues im having.... i will give it a go as soon as i get home again. Dinner time lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.