Headphone help

Reaction score
Ok, I was looking for some new headphones and the beats by dre were supposed to be awesome so I bought the Beats By Dre Solo headphones today. I LOVE the look of them, but I'm VERY disappointed in the sound. They sound great for rap music. However, I listen to all kinds of music with the majority of my library being rock. I'm going to return these headphones (I paid 180). The problem is now I don't have the cool new headphones I want. I did some research looking for better ones. The problem is I get caught up in the look of them. Are there ANY headphones that are close to the size of the SOLO beats by dre that have much better sound? I don't want any beats by dre lovers to bash this. I understand that the bass is great, but it made a lot of my music sound muffled. It wasn't even as clear as my IPhone headphones. Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I tested a lot of headphones and found the sound signature of the SennHiser's fit the bill
for me since I listen to all kinds of music but Rap and Disco and headphones are like speakers the best sounding may not be asthetically the best looking if you are wearing these in public then IEM's would fit the bill better and products from Shure and Ultimate Ears has some great pairs that rival headphones. More knowledge and reviews can be found on Headfi.org.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.